The capitalized words shall have the meaning indicated in the “Terms and Conditions”.
techniques, which store information about your visit to our Platform on your computer. We believe that it is very important
that you know what cookies our Platform uses and for what purposes. This will help protect your privacy, while ensuring
our Platform’s user-friendliness as much as possible. Below you can read more about the cookies used by and via our
a contract or agreement.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer's hard disk when You visit certain websites. At PIC, we may
use similar techniques, such as pixels, web beacons, etc. For consistency's sake, all these techniques combined will
be named hereinafter “cookies”.
WHY ARE THESE COOKIES USED?
Cookies may be used for many different purposes. For example, cookies can be used to show that You have visited our Platform
before and to identify which parts of the Platform You might be most interested in. Cookies can also improve your online
experience by storing your preferences during your visit to our Platform.
COOKIES FROM THIRD PARTIES
Third parties external to PIC may also store cookies on your computer during your visit to the Platform. These indirect cookies
are similar to direct cookies but come from a different domain (not PIC’s Platform) to the one you are visiting. In
order to manage your cookie preferences, you may alter the settings in your browser at any time. You may accept all
or certain cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our
Platform will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE TYPE OF COOKIES USED ON THE PLATFORM
Cookies that ensure that the Platform functions properly
These cookies are necessary to make it possible to surf the Platform and use the Platform's functions, such as accessing
protected areas of it. Without these cookies, such functions, including shopping and electronic payment, are not possible.
- Remembering products that you add to your shop during online purchasing;
- Remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you do not have to
fill in all your details repeatedly;
- Passing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in or if you need
to fill in a large number of details for an online order;
- Storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed, etc.;
- Storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen's resolution details;
- Reading your browser settings so that we can display our Platform optimally on your screen;
- Locating misuse of our Platform and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts;
- Loading the Platform evenly so that it remains accessible;
- Offering the option of storing log-in details so that you do not have to enter them every time;
- Making it possible to place a reaction on our Platform.
Cookies that enable us to measure Platform’s usage
These cookies gather information about the surfing behavior of Users to our Platform, such as which pages are visited often
and whether Users receive error messages. By doing this we are able to make the structure, navigation and content of
- Keeping track of the number of Users to our Platform;
- Keeping track of the length of time that each User spends on our Platform;
- Determining the order in which a User visits the various pages on our Platform;
- Assessing which parts of our Platform need to be improved;
- Optimising the Platform.
Cookies for displaying advertisements
- Keep track of which advertisements You have already been shown so that You are not always shown the same ones;
- Keep track of how many Users click on the advertisement;
- Keep track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement.
Even if such cookies are not used, however, You may still be shown advertisements that do not utilize cookies. These advertisements
can, for instance, be modified according to the content of the website.
Cookies for behavior-related content of a web page
Our aim is to provide Users to our Platform with information that is as relevant as possible to them. We therefore endeavor
to adapt our Platform as much as possible to every User. We do this not only through the content of our Platform, but
also through the advertisements shown. To make it possible for these adaptations to be carried out, we try to acquire
a picture of your likely interests on the basis of the websites that You visit in order to develop a segmented profile.
Based on these interests, we then adapt the content and the advertisements on our Platform for various groups of Users.
Third parties that set cookies via our Platform may also try to find out what your interests are in this way. In this
case, the information about your current website visit may be combined with information from previous visits to websites
other than ours. Even if such cookies are not used, please note that You will be provided with advertisements on our
Platform; however, these advertisements will not be tailored to your interests. These cookies make it possible for:
- The websites to record your visit and, as a result, to assess your interests;
- A check to be run to see if You have clicked on an advertisement;
- Information about your surfing behavior to be passed to other websites;
- Third-party services to be used to show You advertisements;
- More interesting advertisements to be displayed on the basis of your social media usage.
Cookies for sharing the content of our Platform via social media
The articles, pictures and videos that you look at on our Platform can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons.
Cookies from the social media parties are used to enable these buttons to function, so that they recognize You when
You wish to share an article or video. These cookies make it possible for logged-in Users of selected social media
to share and like certain content from our Platform directly. These social media parties may also collect your personal
data for their own purposes. PIC has no influence over how these social media parties make use of your personal data.
For more information regarding the cookies set by the social media parties and the possible data that they gather,
please refer to the respective privacy policies made by the social media parties themselves.
We may amend this Cookies Policy from time to time, for example, because our Platform or the rules relating to cookies change.
We reserve the right to amend the content of the Cookies Policy and the cookies included in the lists at any time and
without notice. The new Cookies Policy will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised Cookies Policy,
you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the PIC pages. By continuing to access or make use of
our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Cookies Policy.